Fun & Easy Science Projects: Grades 3 & 4
You can read all the books on music and guitars in the world, but that won't make you a great guitar player. You have to actually practise with a guitar to get it right! It is easiest to figure things out by getting your hands 'dirty' by doing! Science works exactly the same way. Yes, you can learn a lot in science class or by doing homework, but there's nothing quite as much fun as learning by getting your hands dirty doing some science experiments!
SUBJECTS & GRADES:
Chemistry, Earth sciences, Electricity & Magnetism, Life sciences & Physics science projects for grades 3 & 4
100 Fun science experiments (215 pages)
Science experiments take from only few hours, up to weeks to complete.
SIZE & FORMAT:
6.81 Mb | Adobe Acrobat (PDF) e-Book
Was: $19.99 | Now only: $16.99
Specially chosen to appeal to kids in grade 3 & 4, each experiment answers a particular question about a specific category of science and includes an introduction, list of the materials you need, easy-to-follow steps, an explanation of what the experiment demonstrates as well as a learn more and science glossary section! Each of these easy-to-understand sections helps explain the underlying scientific concepts to kids and will inspire them to create their own related experiments and aid in developing an inquisitive mind.
Amongst many others, you will make caramel from sugar to understand how chemical reactions works, construct a rocket to see how objects fly, make a self-filling water bowl for pets using air pressure, and make a compass to learn about the attraction & repulsion forces of magnetism! Other fun experiments include Using simple chemistry to make your dull coins shine again, electroplate a nail, make your own homemade perfume, testing the fat and oil content in everyday foods, using the shadows of the sun to tell the time, telling the time with your own water clock, making a rainbow with water and a mirror, using the sun's infra-red rays to cook a potato, mapping how far the sun is from the moon, making your own refrigerator powered by evaporation, making an electrical door bell for your room, making a light bulb shine using a lemon as a battery, learning how to generate electricity by means of induction, study how ants communicate to find their food, testing the effects of acid rain on ocean life, controlling the direction of sound waves by reflecting it with umbrellas, Building your own simple submarine, windmill, pendulum, magnifying glass and many, many more!
The 100 projects contained in this science experiment e-book cover a wide range of scientific topics; from Chemistry and Electricity to Life Sciences and Physics... there are even experiments on earth science, astronomy and geology all designed for young students from grade 3 to 4! With this book, you are sure to find a project that interests you. When you are interested in a certain science topic, you will have more fun, and learn more, too!
Science can be real simple and is actually only about understanding the world you live in! Science certainly does not need to be complicated formulas, heavy text books and geeky guys in white lab coats with thick glasses. Science experiments are an awesome part of science that allows you to engage in cool and exciting hands on learning experiences that you are sure to enjoy and remember! By working through the science experiments in this book, you will learn about science in the best possible way – by doing things yourself.
Designed with safety in mind, most of the items you will need for the experiments, such as jars, aluminium foil, scissors and sticky tape, you can find around your home. Others, such as magnets, lenses or a compass, you will be able to buy quite cheaply at a hobby shop or hardware store.
What are the advantages of purchasing an Experiland science experiment e-book?
- Each book contains plenty of original colourful illustrations.
- Easy to understand language written specifically for each grade (all terms are defined).
- Experiments follow a scientific method with detailed step-by-step guide how to proceed from start to finish.
- A list with playful thumbnail pictures of all items required per project.
- All our science experiments have been tested to work.
- Fully explained 'Why it works' section for each science project.
- Each science project has a 'Learn more' section with relevant information and fun science facts that are sure to surprise and amaze you!
- Great starting point for a science fair project.
- All projects are neatly organized and can be browsed by category, grade, difficulty level and time required to complete.
- A great resource for homeschooling.
- Instantly downloadable with a full money back guarantee!
Receive the complimentary e-book 'SCIENCE FAIR SUCCESS' together with your purchase of any one of Experiland's science project e-books!
'SCIENCE FAIR SUCCESS' COMPLIMENTARY E-BOOK
Together with the purchase of your science experiment e-book, you will also receive the complimentary e-book 'SCIENCE FAIR SUCCESS'. Many of the experiments in our science projects e-books can serve as the starting point to find inspiration for your next science fair project, and with the help of your bonus 'SCIENCE FAIR SUCCESS' book you will have a great science fair project that will wow your classmates and the judges!
Is the deadline for your science fair project quickly approaching? Not to worry, 'SCIENCE FAIR SUCCESS' is written in an easy to follow format that will guide you, step-by-step, how to create an exciting project that not only demonstrates good scientific practice but gives you the first-prize edge.
Experiland's complimentary 'SCIENCE FAIR SUCCESS' e-book will let you discover:
- How to choose a topic for your project and do research.
- How to design your experiment including what steps must be included in order to do a successful science fair project.
- A 6-week timeline that will help you stay on track and alleviate panic in the weeks approaching the science fair!
- What a hypothesis is and how to write one.
- What the 10 Steps of the scientific method are.
- How to write a professional project report according to the correct scientific method.
- How to interpret and record your data using tables & graphs.
- Details of how to make a professional display board.
- What the judges look for in a science fair project.
- And much, much more!